Saturday, November 19, 2005

Linliey's Birthday Party

Today was Linliey's birthday party and Miss Linliey had a great time. Henry had a little more difficulty, as he was slightly scared of all the new people and commotion. By the end of the party he had loosened up and was not as velcroed to Mommy. He loves coming to Des Moines and playing with the dog, and spends much of his time running around after Charlie and saying, "dog", "dog". Very cute!
In other news, I have decided to take a job working 1 day per week working in a neuropsychologist's private practice. I'll be doing testing with patients of all ages, so it's going to be a bit of an adjustment to working with adults. (Although I've discovered that working with 80 year-old patients is similar to testing preschoolers). We've hired a nanny for Henry so we're hoping that it all works out okay. I think it will be good for both of us to have 1 day a week off from each other.
Tomorrow we're off to Aunt Kay's for the Gable family Thanksgiving, always held the Sunday before Turkey Day so we can all be together. Then it's back to Des Moines on Monday and Bill and Mary Pat arrive on Tuesday. Busy times!

No comments: