Let’s see, what has been going on this week? Or maybe a better question would be, what hasn’t been going on this week?
Henry has been in a funk since Monday, so on Wednesday I took him to the doctor, mainly to alleviate feelings of guilt from getting so upset at him when he has been whining. He appears to be fine, the doctor said it might be the beginnings of a virus (the leading contender: Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, gross) so we’ve just been giving him Motrin and praying every night that he sleeps well and wakes up in a decent mood. I never knew little boys could be so moody! He hadn’t been eating much either, but when given some M&Ms or goldfish crackers he seems to have no trouble getting the food down so I think he’s probably just fine. Otherwise things around here have been super busy and we’re looking forward to a break next week from all of the craziness.
Henry’s new favorite activity is mini-golfing, where he gets a “2” on every hole. I’ll let you all figure out how that happens. He loves golfing though and threw a fit on Tuesday when Mike left for his golf league, he thought Daddy was golfing without him and this was cause for a tantrum. “I go golfing TOO! I go with DADDY golfing! You stay here Mommy! I need to go golfing today!” He also loves watching golf on TV, which is obviously thanks to the Fontanini genes. I have childhood memories of going to my Grandma and Grandpa’s on Sundays and seeing all the men (and a few of the women) huddled around the TV watching some random golf tournament with genuine interest. I think that has to be hereditary.
Due to Henry’s sickness and not wanting to saddle my friends with Mr. Crabbypants, I took him to my OB appointment yesterday. He went into the bathroom with me and I needed to give them a urine sample. Henry watched this with fascination – “Mommy, what are you DOING now?” “I gotta go in the cup for the doctor, buddy,” I replied. “I go in cup too?” he asked, eyes excited. Visions of Henry peeing into every cup he could find at home flash through my mind. “Only mommies can pee in cups. Kids have to pee in the potty.” Henry thought this over. “Why not?” (This is our new favorite thing to say). "Because peeing in cups is disgusting." "Oh yeah," Henry said. "Disgustin."
We also took a tour of the hospital maternity unit yesterday since I’m delivering at a different hospital than last time and we figured we should probably check things out before the big day. Henry was less interested in the babies in the nursery than the large complimentary snack lounge located on the unit. Sadly, I think Mike was more excited about this than Henry. I was asking the real questions, like when are you moved to the postpartum room, when are visiting hours, etc. and Mike and Henry ogled the free grub. It is a nice little lounge, free bagels in the morning, fresh baked cookies in the afternoon, and free snacks, ice cream, and soda anytime you want. As I walked out I realized that I would be back there sometime in the next three weeks to actually have the baby and freaked out a little. I tried to pre-register for an epidural but apparently they don’t have that service. Hey, I admire those women who huff/puff/meditate/bite on a leather strap their way through labor and give birth like a prairie woman or one of those Chinese women who give birth in a rice patch but I’m all for modern medicine. Epidural? Yes, please!
1 comment:
If you have the option of the epidural, you better say YES! As someone who couldn't get hers, get one!! Hope Henry is doing better.
Post a Comment