Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I know, I should be thrilled George is learning how to write and spell, but when I find these kind of things written randomly around the house I begin to wonder if we should hold off on any more early literacy activities around here.










His letters are really coming along. That's a positive I guess. And I know for a fact that he spelled these on his own because he did them this afternoon while Henry was at school. Again, I should be proud of his phonetic skills but I'm struggling here.
In his defense, he also wrote more benign words like cat, hot, dog, mom, dad, Henry, George, pan, etc. It's just that the poop and toot words were displayed most prominently.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

The Deals said...

Blogger really needs a "like" button so I can click it for pretty much all of your posts. Your boys make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Lots of good spelling techniques! He has the double vowel (oo) down perfectly and his letters are perfectly formed….what a genius!!
Happy Turkey Day 2011.
Love,
G&G