Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trip to the zoo

For Labor Day weekend we took a quick one-night trip to the Twin Cities. Remind me never to go near the TC again during Labor Day weekend because they have the Minnesota State Fair going on and it was NUTS. Everyone in Minnesota was in the TC that weekend. When we went to the Mall of America we had to park on the top deck of the parking lot. I have been to MOA the weekend after Thanksgiving and never had to park up there! It was CRAZY. We didn't spend much time at the mall because I seriously almost had a panic attack/clausterphobia attack there. However we did hit up the Como Zoo while we were in town and it was awesome - we were spoiled in Omaha with a great zoo to visit whenever we wanted. This zoo was obviously much smaller but very enjoyable!
 The similarities are frightening.
 For some reason these sea otters are my favorite zoo animals.

 My Grandma Marie would have loved these giraffes.

My little polar bears.

I also have a funny George story - he told me the other day, "I think you love me, like, a lot. Like, you love me fully charged." How cute is that?

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Cute pictures! The resemblance between the two monkeys is uncanny ;). Love the George story, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Aww.. Sweet Georgie <3

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Henry!