Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What we've been up to...

I have been a total slacker on posting, I know. We've been busy with lots of things and I really haven't taken many pictures lately! So I'll try to do a quick catch-up.

 This is a photo of Henry and George and their friend playing "Minecraft." I would try to explain this game but I really don't understand it myself. The only thing I know about it is that it looks like they are building worlds made out of Legos and that they (and the rest of the 3rd grade boys) are obsessed with it. The nice thing is that it is a very powerful reinforcer so we've gotten some excellent behavior and compliance out of these two with the mere threat of taking Minecraft away.

 We went to the Outdoor Sports show /expo in Eau Claire last weekend (Megs and Doug were in town and went with us) because we need to get a new dock and boat lift for the lake. I was really only there for dock shopping. It was definitely not my crowd. Lots of dead animals and booths for taxidermy. YUCK.

 Ice fishing up at the cabin. I would say that there are not many ice fishing opportunities left but since it is a balmy 10 degrees right now I'd say winter is not going anywhere anytime soon. We have had the 6th snowiest winter on record. ENOUGH ALREADY! The boys and I are headed to Puerto Rico next week with my mom and we.cannot.wait!
 We got together for dinner at a friends' house - whenver we do this with other families my boys (I'm thinking Henry is the main culprit) feel the need to put on a "play" or other show. The plays are usually pretty terrible but they love performing. I should really sign him up for a playwriting class or something.
 And, just general goofiness. We're all getting a bit of cabin fever this winter and we're ready for spring.

1 comment:

Hoekzema said...

Enjoy Puerto Rico! Great time to go!