While on vacation, I purchased a "KidzBop" CD for Henry and Georgie. For those of you unfamiliar with kid culture, KidzBop is a CD where they take popular songs (e.g., Lady Gaga's "Telephone", Train's "Hey Soul Sister") and clean up the lyrics and have little kids sing the songs. The boys LOVE it. Me, not so much. It's annoying on so many levels. As I said on my Facebook post, I lost $15 and a little bit of my dignity buying it. But I was getting tired of hearing Georgie sing lyrics like, "you're the only drug I need" so I caved and bought the CD. I did notice that they changed the "you're the only drug I need" lyric to "you're the only thing I need" in the "Hey Soul Sister" song. Somewhere, the lead singer of Train is dying a little bit inside.
By the way, I also signed Georgie up for a dance class this fall. He really wants to do it, and since the chance of me having another baby is slim to none at this point and the chance of having a girl even slimmer, I signed him up. I just hope I don't have to do his hair and makeup for a recital...
2 comments:
My friend Danielle has Tate and dance..they do have her put makeup on him. No hair though! But the dances he does is really cute! Go Georgie!
Ashlii
Yeah George. He's gonna have all the ladies - maybe you should be doing this with a LESS flirtatious child? Anyway, where at? V is going to be in dance this fall too!
Post a Comment