One one of the hotter days this week we decided to try out the tube the kids got from Santa. We went to a local lake and strung up the tube behind the boat. Henry went first and in true Henry fashion wanted to go faster, faster, faster.
Then George and I went tandem. I have no pictures of this, thank goodness because what happened was not to be photographed. I was wearing a two piece tankini, and the bottom half of my body was kind of hanging out of the tube. Everything was going well until Mike sped up a bit and we hit some bumps. I could feel my swimsuit bottom starting to pull down... and down... and down...
You know where this is going. My skirt slipped off my hips, down around my knees, and finally my ankles. I was yelling at George to make the "cut it!" sign so Mike would stop the boat. Meanwhile, I am hanging off a tube with my BARE BEHIND hanging out and my skirt around my ankles. I managed to catch the fabric in my toes and hung on for dear life until the boat stopped. Thank GOD the lake was quiet that day and thank GOD I was able to hang on to my skirt.
Note to self: wear one-piece while tubing.
Anyway, I opted to not go again and George went by himself, but he would not allow Mike to go more than 2 mph. I swear, ducks were passing him on the tube.
4 comments:
I can just see you trying not to lose your suit bottoms! Seriously, that is so funny! :-)
Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today. :-)
That was a great story!
bahahahaha. i love your stories.
Post a Comment