Monday, July 09, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Good lord it was HOT here last week. In the nearly 4 years I have lived here it has never been this hot. I always joke that my mom brings crappy weather with her! Mimi and Grampy came up to celebrate with us although most of our activities were moved indoors, except for outings to the pool and out to see fireworks.


 I made these "burger" desserts. They are actually two peanut butter cookies with a brownie in the middle and red frosting for "ketchup". Henry and George wolfed them down.
 Outside ready to do fireworks.
 Sparklers!
 Watching the fireworks from Carson Park. It was SO FREAKING HOT. Ugh. The kids got to stay up late for them and they loved that but man did we have some crabby patties the next day.
 More fireworks viewing.
 Fun doing fireworks at home in the driveway.
1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EVERYONE Loved the hamburger cookies! The pictures are so cute :-)