Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Oh boy am I ever behind in posting on the blog! Not that you all care about all the details of our lives, but I need to write this stuff down because in my old age I am forgetting things. I was scrapbooking last year's Christmas photos and had to look up stuff on the blog for the journaling portion because I couldn't remember what exactly was going on in the pictures. If this is how my brain functions at 35, lord help me in another 10 years.

 Before Christmas, we had spent a weekend up at the lake. They got a little bit of snow up there at that time and the lake was on its way to being frozen over so the boys tried some ice fishing. Whitefish Lake is a very deep lake (105 feet deep) so it is one of the last in the area to freeze over. George is making a snow angel on the lake in this picture.
 
Henry all bundled up and ready to fish.
 
Drilling holes on the ice.
 

A quick photo op.
 
 
If you are thinking, DANG, it looks COLD there, you would be correct.
 We hosted a little cookie-decorating get-together with some friends.

Christmas Eve! We caught a movie and drove around looking at Christmas lights.

 Getting milk and cookies ready for Santa.
 
 Watching a movie at home on Christmas Eve - this year they chose the original "Home Alone."


Coming down the stairs on Christmas morning (at a bright and early 6am).

 Checking out the loot in the stockings.
 Opening the big gift - an XBOX!

 George also got this "Disgusting Science" kit. He's already done a few experiments.
 Henry received some cartooning books - his favorite activity.
They left a note for our Elf on the Shelf and the Elf wrote a good-bye note back.

No comments: