Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mommy Brain

The other night an interesting argument occurred in our house. Mike had just put Henry to bed and came downstairs to find me watching "Nova." Mike took the remote and began flipping channels. Actual conversation follows:
ANG: Hey! I was watching that!
MIKE: Nova?
ANG: Yes - turn it back!
MIKE: I'm not watching Nova.
ANG: Well I want to watch it, and there's nothing else on anyway. I already looked.
MIKE: I have to deal with serious stuff all day long at work. I don't want to come home and watch PBS.
ANG: You want to know what I dealt with all day? I had a conversation with Henry today where I said these actual words. "Henry, the poop WANTS to go in the potty! The poop LOVES the potty! You don't want to get the Spiderman underwear all dirty, do you? Yes! Let the poop come out! Yeeeaaaah!" I said all this with actual feeling. So right now I need to deal with something more serious than my 2 year old's reluctance to poop in the potty. Right now, I need to know about current population trends in China and the future of China's one-child policy.
MIKE: Whatever. I can't watch Nova.

We ended up watching "Tommy Boy" until 9pm, at which point we switched over to "The Real Housewives of Orange County." Its obvious that I am going to have to get my fix for intellectually stimulating material somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending time with Henry during the day, but sometimes I just need a little more adult conversation. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't watch Nova either.. :-)