Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What I wouldn't give for a blizzard right now...

Both kinds. A snowy blizzard and a Dairy Queen blizzard. Neither of which I will get because it's July in Omaha and a DQ Blizzard is like a zillion Weight Watchers points. Plus, George seems to be a little sensitive to milk products so I've had to cut back on the dairy and eliminate ice cream altogether, which makes sticking to the Weight Watchers a little easier.

Yesterday it was 100 degrees here, so we spend a majority of the day indoors. On the way back from playgroup I thought it would be nice to get a Subway sandwich (only 6 WW points). I told Henry we were stopping at Subway. "Subway? Oh, yes! I want to ride it." I said, "Oh Henry, it's not that kind of subway. Its a sandwich place. You get sandwiches there." Henry was very disappointed.
So we took our sandwiches home and ate them in the backyard under our tree, where it was approximately 97 degrees in the shade. But it was a fun picnic and it got us outdoors for a few minutes.
Yesterday morning I was feeding Georgie in his room at 5:45am when Henry woke up and came in. "Go lay down in Mommy & Daddy's room Henry, it's not time to get up yet," I told him. "Wait for the clock to say 6-0-0." So Henry went into our room where Mike was still trying to sleep. He tried to climb up on the bed on Mike's side and Mike told him to go around to the other side. "No Daddy," Henry said, "That's Mommy's parking spot."

No comments: