Happy Mother's Day (one day late) to all the moms out there! I had a pretty good mother's day here, Mike got up with the boys so I got to sleep until 7:00 AM. Considering Hank has been up at 5:30 am ever since daylight savings time began this year, this is HUGE. We make him stay in his bed until 6am but we can still here him in there, reading out loud, talking to imaginary friends, using the restroom, sneaking downstairs, etc. I think we get more done before 7am than most people do all day long. We are the only morons at Target, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, at 8:30am. I have never been a coffee drinker until now, but I have found forcing a cup of coffee down in the morning gives me that extra bit of alertness to get through the day. I seriously can see how some mothers go over the edge and take their kids' ritalin.
Anyway, back to yesterday. Hank had a rough morning with his naughtiness. He had a major attitude problem that somewhat resolved itself by midday. We went out for ice cream in the afternoon and then headed to the Bangor City Forest for a little hike, which was fun and a pretty good workout. It's a great place to hike, the trail is level, wide, and made of crushed gravel so you could even bring a jogging stroller on it, which I wish I had done. Hank is going through a phase where if Georgie is in a stroller HE NEEDS TO BE IN A STROLLER TOO!! I NEED IT MOMMY! So we had Georgie in the baby backpack and thought Henry could handle the walk. Haaaa, silly Mommy. That would be too easy! About 5 minutes into the walk, the whining began. "Mooooommmmieeeeeeee, I need to be car-rieeeeeeeed. I need a driiiiiiiiink. I need a snaaaaaaack." You get the picture. I ended up carrying him for a good portion of the walk, reminded of that basic psychology principle (negative reinforcement? I can never remember) and how I should know better than to give into the whining. But what can I say, he beat me down.
Oh, the whining. Will it ever stop?
But it was a good day overall. Happy Mother's Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment