Anyone raised in Iowa will recognize the title of this post from the Adventureland theme song, which once heard, will stick in your head all day long and make you want to kill yourself.
But seriously, while in Des Moines my dad and I took Hank to Adventureland. For a great essay on Adventureland, my friend Froggymama had a great post a couple of weeks ago, check it out!
Hank had a blast, I was worried that he would flake out and be scared of the rides, but he wanted to go on EVERYTHING. He was so mad when he didn't get to go on the big roller coasters (those darn height requirements!), so he kept making my dad take him on the Log Ride again and again because that was most like a roller coaster. Which worked out well for me, since I don't particularly enjoy getting soaked. I took him on all of the spinny rides while my dad sat on the sidelines due to the motion sickness issue. (Not that I am free of motion-sickness - I nearly brought up my lunch on a few of those spinny rides but who wants to tell their kid that he can't go on the rides because Grampy and Mommy have barfing issues? So I soldiered through it.) Anyway, we had a great time, we practically had to drag him out of there. We're going to DisneyWorld in November and I think he's going to have a great time.
2 comments:
Yes, I remember that song! We used to get so excited though when we heard it! We skipped over the water rides here at Worlds of Fun but maybe next time!
I'm glad he had fun! We are taking Noah there in August with some friends of ours. It has been a great incentive- Noah you have to eat your green beans so you can grow tall enough to go on the rides at Adventureland.....
Post a Comment