Happy President's Day!
I'm almost inspired to finally finish (okay, I only read the first chapter) Team of Rivals, the Doris Kearns Goodwin book about Abraham Lincoln's cabinet. I received it for Christmas 2 years ago, cracked it open, and then found a zillion other books that I would rather read. But I'm gonna give it a shot, wish me luck!
We've been busy around here the last week... the boys enjoyed making and sending Valentines, and of course Hank was super excited about the Valentine's Day party at school and the subsequent loot he brought home. Mike and I got a sitter and enjoyed a night out on Friday. On Saturday, we went for a little drive and ate at a great cafe/deli for lunch in Chippewa Falls. The deli was connected to a floral/wine shop, and a local winery was having a free wine tasting. In addition, an acoustic group was playing in the cafe area. Very Indigo Girls-ish. It was all very charming and sweet, until Hank got up from our table, turned around, and started shaking his (ahem) tail feather to the music. You see, one of their Valentine's Day gifts was the Madagascar DVD in which the animals shake their rear ends to the tune of "I like to MOVE IT MOVE IT". Which is cute (?) in the movie, but in a quiet acoustic performance at a cafe - not so much. In addition, we have banned the words "I like to MOVE IT MOVE IT" from our house from the time being, especially after we heard Georgie muttering it while playing with his Legos.
Here are some videos of the kids making Valentines!
6 comments:
That song is so catchy...
I have enjoyed bringing Valentine's "loot" home the past 2 years as well.
We love our Valentines!
Oh goodness they are soooooooo cute!!!
So adorable. It's so fun to see videos of them in action. They both remind me so much of where Addy and Alex are. It's such a great age for both, I'm sure you guys are having a blast. Glad to hear you had a great Valentine's Day! -Kelly
Grandpa and I framed our special Valentine's A treasure forever!!!
Mia does the same thing to Move it, move it. She is obsessed with shaking her BOOTY. I am having a stripper pole installed in her room for her birthday. She will love it. And know how to use it.
Post a Comment