Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Where can I get a Snuggie?

Unfortunately I have been sick the past couple of days - funny, since my friend Jennifer just had a post on her blog about moms getting sick. Yesterday was probably the one day out of the semester that Mike HAD to go to work - he was interviewing a candidate for a faculty position, he had an orientation for new students at the clinic, he had to teach, etc.... so I had to soldier through the day. This means lots of TV for the kids while I tried to keep down sips of water and stay on the couch as long as possible. I had a blanket over me and was fumbling for the remote when Hank looked at me and said, "Mommy! You need to get a Snuggie!"

Yes, indeed!

But I'm feeling better this morning. Still a little weak and not willing to try solid foods yet, but much, much, much better than yesterday.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh Angela- I feel your pain! I can't believe you had to have the kids home with you when you were sick- so not fun (or fair!!!) I hope you are feeling much better! I wish we lived closer- I would have watched your kiddos so you could take a much needed nap.

Froggymama said...

Oh noooo! Sorry you're sick. It SUCKS being a mom and having to put up with colds/flus. No one tells you how miserable it is. Sometimes I want to live in a commune so someone can take care of my kiddo, while I veg.

S and P said...

OMG...I laughed so hard about the snuggie! I am sorry you weren't well but you definitely made this mom laugh today!

Three Girlies said...

Hey Ang - I'm sorry you're sick! I feel your pain - I missed work Wed and Thurs and I went in Friday but they sent me home after 4 hours. I hope you are well soon!!

Hoekzema said...

It must have been going around! I had it Sunday night which is why I canceled playgroup on MOnday. It was horrid and I too had the kids home with me. I can sympathize my friend!