Henry has been really into telling "jokes" lately - mostly riddles and knock-knock jokes that he makes up himself and make no sense. But he did make a funny one the other day - "What is bald and silly?" The answer? "Grampy!" Tee hee.
Mother's Day was great - on Saturday evening we went to Applebee's for dinner. Now, for those gourmands out there who are snickering right now at our choice of Applebee's for a special meal need to realize something: Applebee's has a big kids' menu. They have balloons. They have crayons and activity placemats for the kiddos. They have a clientele mostly made up of families with young children who don't care if Georgie is standing up in the booth, smearing applesauce in his hair, laughing hyserically, and announcing that he just pooped to anyone within a 5-mile radius. The only place better is Buffalo Wild Wings, just because the noise level in there is so loud it makes my kids' antics seem quiet. We hardly ever go out to eat anymore because it is much easier just to eat at home. A big night for us is ordering in pizza.
On Sunday the boys gave me my gift - a new iPod shuffle! Yahoo! You'll recall that my old iPod was broken, then Georgie "fixed" it, but unfortunately it is broken again. I gave it back to George so he could work his magic again but no such luck. Also, Henry made me some great gifts at school which I love even more than the iPod. Isn't that the way it always goes? But I am awfully excited about the new iPod. I had been borrowing Mike's, which is full of Grateful Dead and Phish songs, neither of which I understand. Every once in awhile a good Barenaked Ladies or Police song will pop up, but mostly I'm left wondering during my morning runs how the hell did Jerry Garcia have a singing career?
Hope my mom, my mother-in-law, and all the other moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!
2 comments:
I feel your pain about going out to eat with the kids. We just skip it- it's not worth it most of the time!!
I got a I-pod Shuffle for Mother's Day too!! How exciting!
Ashlii
Post a Comment