Thursday, October 29, 2009

I heart Tamiflu, and Clorox Wipes

Sick days = unlimited computer time, TV time, snacks, drinks, etc.


Henry's fever broke last night and he's feeling much better this morning. By much better, I mean jumping off of couches, tormenting his little brother, and causing general mayhem. This means I am running around the house screaming "Sit down and REST!" while trying to wipe down all surfaces and wash all the blankets, bedding, pillowcases, etc. He vomited yesterday afternoon (and made it into the bowl, yes!) and as soon as he did that things started getting better. Although he's definitely still not 100% and his cough is hanging on a bit. So I'm joining the "Tamiflu is a miracle drug" club.


I wish someone would invent a "flu bomb" of some sort, kind of like a flea bomb, where after someone in your house gets the flu everyone vacates the house for a few hours and someone puts some sort of device in there that you detonate and it emits virus and germ-killing substances, thus rendering your house germ-free. I think I'm going to try to invent that. You know, in all my spare time. It would probably pose some sort of environmental risk but after living through the past few days I would be willing to risk offing an animal species or two for a germ-free house.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry jumping around is music to my ears! Let's hope Georgie or Mommy and Daddy don't get it now!

Megan said...

That would be a great thing to invent! Can I have some for my classroom too??? I get so nervous about touching anything and my desk area is even MORE off limits to the kiddos at school than usual!

Elli said...

As awful as I've felt, I'm SO GLAD it's only been me that's had the flu here and not Logan or Adin!!