If you need some extra personal space, just don one of those surgical masks they are handing out at the doctors' offices these days. You would not believe how wide a path is cleared for you when you are wearing one of those things. People will slap themselves up against the wall of a hallway to let you pass. Henry had to wear one when I took him to urgent care last week and we had one whole side of the seating area to ourselves. The next day we went through the McDonald's drive-thru and Henry was wearing the mask because he thought it was fun to wear, and when the girl leaned into our car to hand us the food she saw the mask. I have never been handed my food so fast. I would bet $1000 that she immediately Purelled her hands after that.
Another story about the mask - Henry was coughing last week and he said, "Mom, I need my mask!" I explained to him that the mask did not make him feel better, it just kept others from getting sick. "Well, I need to wear one so you don't get sick." Awwwww. I told him that he didn't need to worry about it. Then about 10 minutes later he coughed and a little piece of saliva flew out of his mouth and directly into my eyeball. Wear the mask, people. Wear the mask.
3 comments:
I think I just peed my pants reading this post.
Ang,
Your blog always cracks me up!
Ashlii
Ha ha ha... sounds like me when a kid throws up or gets a fever while at school - I use Lysol wipes on EVERYTHING.
Post a Comment