Henry loves school. Loves, loves, loves it. His teacher is fabulous. She's fun but tough, which is a great combination. Anyway, much of the kindergarten curriculum is centered around the "letter of the week" - basically, each week features a different letter and the "stations" that they rotate through correspond with the letter of the week. Henry was very excited when he came home from school on Monday. "It's 'V' week!" he said. "I can't wait to go to the vacation station!" I asked him what the vacation station was. "We take off our shoes and socks, sit on the lawn chairs, put our feet in the little pool, wear sunglasses, drink juice boxes, and read magazines." How cute is that? (In case you are wondering, the other stations are a bit more academic.)
He also came home today with a book he made in class titled "I Went to Ski School." He was very proud of it.
I doubt if I will ever forget this, but just in case, here it is in writing. Henry said to me today, "I love you and Daddy. When I am at school, you are in my heart."
So freaking cute. All together now: Awwwwwwwwwww.
On Sunday night I went to the Oscars. Well, not really. I was part of a fundraiser for the Eau Claire Children's Museum - it was an Oscar-themed event. I got to break out my black-tie dress and enjoy some grown-up time. I was on the auction committee and we had an extremely successful live auction and a successful silent auction. As for me, I was the winning bidder for 2 season tickets to the Eau Claire Express baseball team. Shhh, don't tell Mike, but that's his birthday present this year. I really wanted to go for the Polar Express ride that was featured in the live auction, but my friend Kate's paddle went up so quickly I knew I'd never get it - that girl was out to WIN. The other item I had my eye on for Mike was a fishing trip with a local fishing guru, but when the starting bid was $500 I knew I had no chance. Hey, this is Wisconsin. Fishing is serious stuff here, people.
3 comments:
Silly, you know I'm going to have you come on the Polar Express ride!
Henry is so loving! That brought tears to my eyes. I'm so proud of him. :-)
Our friend did that fishing trip and he said it was the best day ever. Seriously. And he didn't even fish before that!
Post a Comment