Friday, October 01, 2010

Crappiest excuse ever





Rex and Georgie have both, thank goodness, been eliminating in appropriate places. So we've turned a corner around here. Rex has been granted access to more parts of the house so in addition to the breakfast room and laundry room he now has free range in the family room and a tiny bit of the kitchen. (Coincidentally, it's the part of the kitchen that frequently features crumbs all over the floor. I haven't had to vacuum in days).

However, this morning I came downstairs and discovered poop in the laundry room. Henry and Rex were in the family room. "Did you let him out when you got down there?" I asked Henry. "Well," Henry said. "Actually, I was GOING to let him out, but then I looked outside, and there were like LOTS of eagles and hawks flying around, and I didn't want them to get Rex so I didn't take him outside."

Seriously, the kid is a horrible liar. TERRIBLE.

In other Rex news, he had his first haircut/nail trimming/grooming experience today. He came out with a lovely blue bow in his hair. He HATED the bow. So, after a quick photo shoot I took it out. We've got to make this dog a little more manly, and blue hair bows do nothing to further this cause.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved the blue hair bow, but you are probably right..blue hair bows do nothing for the manlihood(: He looked adorable though!
Ashlii

Megan said...

Just wait until Rex starts tripping you to get to those crumbs in the kitchen!!

Jennifer said...

Ella is going as Dorothy for Halloween- we need to borrow your adorable puppy to go as Toto- and the blue hair bow to match Ella's!!!