Saturday, November 20, 2010

Voted most likely to get the party started



Here are George's school pictures - aren't they precious? He cracks me up. He drives me crazy as well, but this kid will make you laugh, I guarantee it. He had kind of a strange week last week at school - apparently he had a couple of meltdowns. When I asked him about it, he told me that he got into trouble and that "I just play by myself at school." Feeling a little sad about it, I asked Ms A (his teacher) what was going on. Apparently he just has a meltdown when he doesn't get his way, and the meltdowns are 90% fake since he is able to stop crying immediately. So basically he's trying to pull one over on Ms. A. He can work his magic on the college students that help out in the room, but Ms A is wise to his game. I then asked her about the "I play by myself" comment. "WHAT?" she asked. "He said that he plays by himself? That's crazy. George is like the life of the party. Everyone wants to play with him and the few days that he's been absent it's been like something's off in the room." So that made me feel better. Funny that he's the life of the party because anyone who knows Mike and myself know that we are most definitely NOT the life of the party. We're wallflowers, and we're just fine with that. Where this outgoing, social butterfly kid came from is beyond me.

Henry got his report card about a week ago - his school kicks things old-style and gives out letter grades in 1st grade. I don't even think I got letter grades in 1st grade. Anyway, his report card was awesome. We were very proud. Then he proceeded to have the worst weekend ever behavior-wise. He was a DEMON. I would like to discuss that "exceptional" mark in "demonstrates Christian principles" with his teacher. Because he sure as hell isn't demonstrating them here at home. (This weekend has been better).

Also, Henry told me that he wants to start reading "the diarrhea" books. I was confused. WTF? Diarrhea books? "You know, the Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid books?" he clarified. I laughed. "Um, Henry, it's the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. It's not about a kid who has diarrhea."

He looked thoughtful. "Oh," he said. "A diary is like a journal," I explained. "Do you still want to try to read those books?" He had to think about it. "Well, I think it would have been better if it was about a kid with diarrhea, but maybe I'll read them anyway."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Georgie's picture is so cute! I love that adorable little smile!