On the way back from DM we stopped for lunch in Walnut, where we ate at a restaurant that had this very odd display of dolls for sale right in the eating area. It looked like someone's personal doll collection and kind of freaked me out. I had to eat lunch with all of the creepy dolls looking at me, and then of course had to get my camera to document it. I actually used to work in Walnut back in my AEA days, part of my assignment was the Walnut School District and I went there one day per week, which I not-so-affectionately called "Wacky Walnut Wednesdays." So I guess the creepy dolls are not so out of place in Walnut, tee hee.
2 comments:
That is toooo funny. When driving back from the Omaha airport once, we stopped for a breakfast buffet in Walnut. What a strange, strange place. I also took pictures! I loved the little town, but also found it to be like an episode of The Twilight Zone!
I don't think you are the first person to compare Walnut to the Twilight Zone!
Post a Comment