Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sleep? I don't need no stinking sleep!



TOP TEN THINGS I DID IN DES MOINES LAST WEEK:

1. Sleep. Oh wait a minute, nope. The first two nights Hank did not sleep well at all, therefore I did not sleep well. The first night he was up from 2:30am on. Do not adjust your computer monitors folks, that says 2:30am. I am not making that up.

2. Walked around in sleep - deprived haze for two days.

3. Went to the Iowa State Fair, where we met Curious George (the original CG), Hank rode a Ferris Wheel, Georgie slept in the Baby Bjorn, and I ate a delicious, giant 1/2 pound tenderloin.I was originally not going to go and just let my parents take Hank but due to the lack of oxygen in my brain from sleep deprivation thought some fresh air would be good for me.

4. Felt a bit sick after eating said tenderloin, but it was worth it.

5. Got caught up on Georgie's baby book, Henry's scrapbook, and my family album.

6. Celebrated my 30th birthday with cupcakes.

7. Wished my cousin Brad good luck at his going-away party (he moves to Minneapolis next week).

8. Saw "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" with Megan - I can't believe we have to wait until 2010 for the Deathly Hallows movie to come out!

9. Watched Curious George approximately 100 times in the car ride on the way there and back.

10. Finally got some sleep on night #3, only to get lousy sleep the next two nights due to Georgie waking up 3 times per night.


Overall it was a great trip though! The State Fair always cracks me up, I had vowed to stay away from that place but where else are there trash cans every 10 yards with the words "GREASE ONLY" painted on the sides? You have to see it to believe it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

"Grease Only" - that is so sad!

Hey that picture of Henry on the ferris wheel turned out pretty good considering it was taken with my phone!

Froggymama said...

We were at the fair too!! Too bad we missed each other, what with those ten million other people.