Saturday, April 12, 2008

No tires! Just gas!

Aaaaah, some decent weather. We spent last week outside nearly every day enjoying the warmish sunshine and snow-free backyard (now its just a swamp, but hey, we can see the grass, and that's what counts). Hank's obsession with the Cars movie has spilled over to all areas of play, so naturally we had to draw a racetrack in chalk on the driveway and race. I race with Georgie in the little red car (see above) while Hank tears around us on his scooter or tricycle. We had to make a rule about no crashing into Mommy or Georgie. Hank was upset. "But Mommy, Chick Hicks BOOMS into the other cars! Thats what happens in a car race!" I almost expected him to throw the Robert Duvall "Rubbin' is racin' " line from Days of Thunder at me. (Yes, I have watched Days of Thunder numerous times, I don't know why, it just always sucks me in.)

To further indulge the Cars obsession, Mike took him to the "Meet the Racecars" function today at the I-95 motor speedway. It's like a minor league racetrack. "How was it?" I asked when they got back. "Well," Mike said, "Hank liked it, but you know the typical NASCAR crowd? Take it down about 5 notches." So it looks like we'll be switching off taking him to events at the I-95 Speedway this summer.

And snaps to anyone who knows where the title of this post comes from.

3 comments:

Megan said...

From the movie Cars! Lighting McQueen says it at the pit stop :)

- Mom and Megs got this one. Megs because I like the movie. Mom because she likes Owen Wilson.

Miranda said...

Linliey is like that with the 101 Dalmations movie. Each day she is a different dog from the movie.

Froggymama said...

Henry is more than welcome to come over and enjoy Froggy's racecar when it's finished. Too bad we're 2000 miles away!