Mike and Hank left last Thursday for the cabin, and Georgie and I met them down there on the 4th for the day. Aunt Ilene and Cousins Eli, Dana, and Marlon drove up from NY for the weekend as well, so it was a mini-family reunion. On the 4th, Eli prepared "Meat-a-Ganza," which consisted of a zillion types of meat in the smoker or on the grill. We spent the day swimming, fishing, and just hanging out at the lake. It was Georgie's first time at the cabin and he had a blast running around getting into everything. Both boys loved all the attention they received and Hank especially enjoyed the smores. Hank and Mike stayed until Sunday, and I don't think either of them wanted to come back home. Georgie and I spent the rest of the weekend here at home, which was nice and relaxing. I love Hank and spending time with him, but I really needed a break. We've been having a lot of fun this summer but I'm running out of tricks to keep him entertained, and school doesn't start until after Labor Day so we've got a ways to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment