Hank's birthday was Thursday, so we had a small party here at home with cake and presents and then went to the Bangor State Fair. I baked a white cake with chocolate frosting (Hank wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting but I decided that would be chocolate overload) and stuck those little decorations made out of sugar on it. It was a Lightning McQueen/SpongeBob theme, basically because I had run out of "Cars" decorations from the kiddie party last week so I had to go to the store to re-supply. We were at Marden's and they had the Spongebob stuff on closeout so I gave in and let Hank get the Spongebob stuff, even though I LOATHE that little sea critter and curse the day he ever learned about him. He doesn't get to watch it very often, but we've found that it's a powerful reinforcer so we have let him "earn" Spongebob shows by displaying good behavior. Anyway, 49 cents for a tablecloth and 59 cents for a package of party hats, how could I pass that up? Hank got some great presents - he had received a big-boy bike from Mimi & Grampy earlier in the month and Grandpa and Grandma gave him a car mat for his little cars, which Georgie has been enjoying as well.
We spent the rest of the day at the Bangor State Fair, where Hank got to ride rides, play games, and see the animals. We managed to squeeze all that in before it started pouring. "I don't like rainy birthdays!" he whined. Poor kid.
He chose "the moose restaurant" (Bugaboo Creek) for dinner and ate more cake there, so we ended the day on a happy note.
No comments:
Post a Comment