Earlier this week Hank was playing with his little wallet, which contains a bunch of coins. When I saw him with it, I warned him to keep it away from Georgie. Actually, I think my exact words were, "You better not let your brother get ahold of that." I continued with lunch prep, and then noticed Georgie standing near the TV, wallet in hand, and a coin sticking out of his mouth. Hank was nowhere to be seen. "Georgie!" I gasped. By the time I got over to him the coin was out of his mouth. There was a pile of coins on the floor in front of him, so I had no idea if he swallowed the coin or if it was on the floor. I took a quick assessment of the money to determine how much was there, and then realized I had no idea how much was in there to begin with so I had no idea if Georgie had swallowed it or spit it back out. His little breath smelled like money and I had seen a coin in his mouth, so my best guess was that he did ingest something.
So, off to urgent care we went. One X-Ray later we were sent home with stickers and a clean bill of health. No coins were swallowed, but Mommy was NOT pleased.
Fun times!
2 comments:
That reminds me of a quote from Grumpy Old Men:
Melanie: "Ally! Did you swallow the quarter?"
Grandpa: "Relax. Kids swallow quarters all the time."
Melanie: "Really?"
Grandpa: "Sure. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel, then you can start worrying."
OMG! I would've freaked out! I'm glad he's alright! I feel that each time I read your blog I'm learning about all of the adventures my little one will likely get into in the future! Thanks for the heads up! LOL!
Post a Comment