Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneer Days

Yesterday I got a surge of motivation and sewed valances for Henry's windows (I only bought the fabric a year ago) and started sewing curtain panels for our bedroom. Meanwhile, Mike was pickling. He bought cucumbers and fresh dill from the farmer's market and pickled away. So now our basement storage room looks like cellar circa 1930, with jars of jam and pickles stacked on the shelf. What can I say, we are dorks. I've come to terms with it and accepted my dorkiness once and for all. Somebody please stage an intervention if I start sewing my own clothes.

Anyway, we also did a more modern activity yesterday - we took the kids to see the movie "Despicable Me." Henry has been begging us to see it since they run ads for it nonstop on Nickelodeon. Yesterday morning the conversation went like this:

Henry: Mom, can we see "Despicable Me?" It's the #1 movie in America!
Me: Who told you it was the #1 movie in America?
Henry: It said so on the commercial. It's also the funniest movie of the summer.
Me: Really. You know, just because the commercial says it, doesn't mean it's true.
Henry: Yes it does. (Sighs). Because commercials are NON FICTION. Like, you know SpongeBob? He's FICTION. And iCarly is FICTION. But Whale Wars and the crab show (I think he means "Deadliest Catch") and commercials are NON FICTION. (Said with emphasis and in condescending tone like I am complete idiot).

Well then. How can I argue with that? We went to the movie. And it was actually very funny. Perhaps the funniest movie of the summer after all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry is so smart!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how domestic you are!! I'm so impressed!

Megan said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with canning pickles and jam. At least you won't have to go buy some for a while. Doug and I buy a lot of jam (and peanut butter) because toast has become a frequent breakfast/summer lunch choice around here! I'm anxious to try your blueberry jam sometime because I've never had blueberry jam!

Megan said...

Oh, and yes, I will intervene if you start sewing your own clothes. It's the 21st century. You're not sewing your clothes, dear sister.

Jenn said...

You are too funny!

Anonymous said...

There are [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]ed hardy clothing[/URL][/B] really a few kinds of clothing [B]ed hardy shoes[/B] lines which have been produced offered recently.But a specific of the common [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]ed hardy clothes[/URL][/B] may be the [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]ed hardy sneakers[/URL][/B] Collection amongst those population brand name names that are obtainable. You may nicely see from a variety of Hollywood stars like Madonna, Sylvester Stallone, Snoop Dogg and Britney [B]ed hardy[/B] Spears on this fashion collection, With blending [B]ed hardy shoes[/B] aesthetic and approaching into his American mode masterpiece, [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]ed hardy[/URL][/B] was well-known.

Together with all the success of [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]christian audigier[/URL][/B] clothes stytle you can find difficulties linked with them. [B]ed hardy clothing[/B] excellent outcomes of [B]christian audigier[/B] outfits selection is as a outcome of Christian Audigier's unique marketing and advertising designs, you can find so many who argue this. Audigier very own a lot of [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]ed hardy[/URL][/B] buddies and he maintain them. [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]ed hardy uk[/URL][/B] just offers his buddies no cost goods and take photos from them wearing his designs rather than paying so several quantities of bucks for your style who will [B][URL=http://www.edhardystore.uk.com]ed hardy uk[/URL][/B] the clothes collection.