Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What the F-Stop?


Ha ha. That's a bit of photography humor. I took a photography class yesterday and it was awesome - I learned sooo much. ISO sensitivity, aperture, shutter speed, white balance... I'm ready to never use the green auto setting on my camera ever again. And I learned things that my camera can do that I had no idea. Anyway, I haven't got the chance to really use my new skills so here's the picture I took at the blueberry farm on Sunday - I ended up making 15 jars of blueberry jam out of it and I still have tons of blueberries left. I froze a batch and I think I'm going to make some muffins and pie with the rest!

3 comments:

The Deals said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the class. I am hoping to take one this fall if I haven't gotten it down by then. I've been doing quite a bit of reading online, but I learn better in a classroom setting, so we'll see how far I can get on my own! I promised myself if I was going to spend so much for a camera I was going to learn how to use it! It's just so hard to venture off the safety of the "green box" when shooting kids... they move so quick and I don't want to miss any good shots!

Anonymous said...

You can make us blueberry muffins when we come for Henry's birthday! :-)

Lorinda said...

Cute pic . . . And how fun that the put it on their website! I love how you guys always go berry picking. I might have to look into it around here and see if there is anywhere to got. The kids would love it!