Since I didn’t post at all last week I have some catching up to do on events. I forgot to mention that last week I drove down to Cedar Falls to give a little presentation on careers in psychology. My good friend (I call her my “sim”, because we are very similar in appearance, background, etc.) Francis invited me down to give a presentation to her students. She runs an Upward Bound-type program for high school students in Iowa and in the summer they spend 5 weeks on the UNI campus taking college classes, listening to presentations, and generally giving Francis a crash course in youth culture and many panic attacks. Anyway, it was a great time and next time I visit I promise to bring her some Spotted Cow beer.
Last week we also had George see the allergy specialist in town. For those of you who haven’t had the privilege of hearing me whine extensively about George’s horrible eczema, this was a big deal. We have tried for well over a year now to get the eczema under control but his legs still look like something has been gnawing on them. He wakes up in the middle of the night itching. We have gone through countless bottles of Benadryl. You get the picture.
Anyway, the allergist actually gave us some good ideas and a few new creams so we can better deal with the eczema and then they did some allergy testing in the hopes that we could try to avoid whatever allergen is exacerbating the skin issues. And do you know what he is allergic to? The only thing that he was positive for? GRASS. Yep, grass. A very easily avoidable allergen, don’t you think?
Last week we also had George see the allergy specialist in town. For those of you who haven’t had the privilege of hearing me whine extensively about George’s horrible eczema, this was a big deal. We have tried for well over a year now to get the eczema under control but his legs still look like something has been gnawing on them. He wakes up in the middle of the night itching. We have gone through countless bottles of Benadryl. You get the picture.
Anyway, the allergist actually gave us some good ideas and a few new creams so we can better deal with the eczema and then they did some allergy testing in the hopes that we could try to avoid whatever allergen is exacerbating the skin issues. And do you know what he is allergic to? The only thing that he was positive for? GRASS. Yep, grass. A very easily avoidable allergen, don’t you think?
1 comment:
Oh how awful! I have it something fierce on my legs. So far the only thing I have found that works for me is Cetaphil CREAM. Hope your little guy finds some relief.
Post a Comment