I know it will look awesome when it all gets finished but for right now it's just a mess. It should be done by next week. But it's just a pain. And to add insult to injury, we're looking at replacing the furnace and air conditioner this summer.
Oh, and as an extra-special New Year's gift, we experienced The Great Toilet Overflowing Debacle of 2010 on New Year's Eve. Mike and I were upstairs getting ready and the boys were on the 1st floor doing, well, whatever it is they do when we're not around and we heard a scream from downstairs. "MOM!!! (Why the hell is it always Mom they call for anyway?) THERE IS WATER COMING OUT OF THE TOILET AND ITS NOT STOPPING AND ITS A LOT OF WATER!!!!" Mike and I race down the stairs - Mike grabbed the plunger on the way down. So we got the water stopped but not before it dumped a ton of water all over the floor, and then leaked down into the basement ceiling below. And of course it's a finished basement with a sheetrock ceiling, so now it needs to be re-painted. And the toilets in this house HAVE GOT TO GO. They are all the original toilets, so they are 20+ years old, but they are all also "water-saving/low-flow" potties and they SUCK. I consider myself a fairly eco-conscience person, but you know what? When you have to flush the toilet 3 friggin times to get the stuff down, HOW IS THAT SAVING WATER???
2 comments:
You girls always yelled mom first too until you got older and realized that after you yelled mom, I yelled for your dad! Now you call your Dad first when things go wrong. :-)
I hate your toilets too. :)
Post a Comment