Last night we ate at the Bangor House of Pizza. One thing I've noticed about Maine is that every little town has a pizza place that sells pizza (duh) and sub sandwiches, and it is usually called "[insert town name here} House of Pizza." The pizza is usually not that good at such places, but Mainers apparently feel obligated to support these establishments. The BHOP actually also serves Greek food, and it really is authentic. The owner came out from the kitchen to check on us and he was super friendly. He was obviously from Greece, and reminded me a bit of the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." We chatted with him for a while while Hank colored and read books and Georgie babbled away contentedly. We thanked him for the food and good service and he told us, "you have a beautiful little family. Such beautiful children."
Awww. Now before you either gag or have visions of us running hand-in-hand with our cherubic children through fields of daisies like a Ralph Lauren ad, let me continue. We headed across the slushy parking lot to the Sam's Club, while Hank whined the entire way that he wanted a cookie. The whining continued until he got the cookie, which was oatmeal raisin with nuts. Hank handed the cookie back to me. "I don't like this!" he whined. Then he proceeded to grab my hand and spit out the bite of cookie into it. More whining. We load up the car. Georgie starts whimpering, then a funky smell. Of course it can't just be an ordinary dirty diaper, noooo, this one is the kind that blows out of the back of the diaper onto clothing. We get home. More whining, this time about taking a bath, then getting into bed, etc. It was essentially 2 hours of nonstop whining from Hank. It was not beautiful. :)
7 comments:
Poor Hanky! He needs one of his Mimi's cookies! No nuts in them!
BTW..You do have a beautiful family!
Wow, Ang! I cannot believe this amazing website! I've never seen one quite like it! I feel so updated on your life now. What a great idea! I'm glad that your move went well and you're getting settled, you East Coaster you!!
The kiddos are beautiful! And, I love your new home! How picturesque!
I too hate the whining! Froggy is a master whiner, and I swear it drives me to drink. I love that all that there is restaurant in Maine with Pizza, subs and Greek food. In LA, we have sushi/cheeseburgers/pizza joints. And the waiters are all latino. We like to mix it up in SoCal.
Your house looks great! We miss you!
Isn't that just the truth! One moment your children are beautiful, sweet, and others look on in adoration. 10 minutes later- a completely different picture! I love reading your blog. You are such a good, funny writer. You should write a book- really!
Post a Comment