
After you read this post, you might think, "I thought they moved to Maine, not Alabama."
On Saturday Mike took Hank to the South Brewer Barbershop to get his hair cut. This was the first time Hank got his haircut at a real barbershop. In Omaha he got his hair cut at Ponytails & Buzzcuts, an adorable little kids' salon where he sat on a rocketship chair and zoned out to a DVD while getting his hair cut. I took him to a kid-friendly salon in town after we moved here, but Mike was insistent that all subsequent haircuts must take place at a real barbershop. They did a good job, and Henry liked the masculine atmosphere and discussion of fishing, hunting, and other testosterone-injected activities.
Then they headed off to the boat show, where they saw a man wrestle an alligator. I have nothing more to say about this.
Also, I took (correction: attempted to take) Hank to the dentist last week for the 1st time. It was a disaster. He refused to go in. We had spent the last two weeks reading about going to the dentist, talking about the dentist, flossing and brushing extra well, etc. I am making Mike take him next time!
1 comment:
That's too bad about the dentist. Hopefully it will go better next time. Too funny about the alligator, some of those barber shops have playboy mags, look out!! HeeHee!
Post a Comment