My parents left on Saturday, thus ending my vacation. No more lounging on the sofa, reading magazines and getting caught up on all of my DVR'd shows. Back to changing smelly diapers, fixing 3 meals a day, cleaning up 3 meals a day, and so on.
Naturally, the boys had a ton of fun playing with Mimi & Grampy. They bought them the game Trouble, which we played countless times. Even Georgie got in on the Trouble action, although every number that popped up was "Three!" I am not wishing for Hank to grow up faster, but I must say that I am excited that we are venturing into new and exciting board games. Lately we have set CandyLand and Chutes & Ladders aside and have been playing Disney Bingo, Sorry!, and now Trouble. I mean, if I got sent back to that stupid lollipop man or Mr. Mint in the Peppermint Forest one more time in CandyLand I was gonna lose it. You know you have had enough Candyland when you start rigging the game so that Queen Frostine pops up right away, thus drastically shortening the time of the game. And don't even get me started on Chutes & Ladders.
(How sad is it that I not only spend time complaining about children's board games, and then go even further and dedicate part of a blog post to it?)
Grampy and Hank went sledding and built a snowman, and we all went bowling one afternoon. My parents, notorious warm-weather lovers, remained upbeat even during the 6 inches of snow we got on Thursday. Such troopers!
3 comments:
I'd enjoy 16 inches of snow and -16 below if I could be with the little guys! They are so much fun!
That is soooo terribly funny about the board games. Although Sean doesn't yet play them, I get ENOUGH Candyland in my office with kids. And, yes I wish I were as smart and thoughtful as you to think ahead to put the friggin' princess card ahead and ALL the others at the bottom. Boy, I bet that shortens the game! Too funny! LOve, Mary
Hey Ang - I know how you feel about the games. I put CL and C&L away a while ago. Now I am going crazy with Sorry! (mia wins EVERY time), Mancala and Chinese Checkers. I just need it to be spring! :-)
Post a Comment