Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

I am 32 years old today! I am celebrating my birthday in Des Moines, the city of my birth. It's been a great day so far... my parents and sister took Henry and Georgie to the Iowa State Fair and I got to go shopping by myself - bliss. I am reluctantly admitting that I am not a fan of the Iowa State Fair. I know, I know, I'm in the minority - most Iowans LOVE the fair. But I'm not one of them. I went 2 years ago and that was enough to tide me over for the next 5 or so years. I picked Georgie up a little bit ago so he could come back to my parents' house and take a nap, and across from the fair was a food stand that said "Chocolate Covered Bacon." I am not making that up.

Also, my sister made me a fabulous 3-tired birthday cake with fondant - it looks very Ace of Cakes-ish. Thanks, Meg!

One of my birthday gifts was a new laptop - my old one was circling the drain so to speak. So I've been experimenting with it and playing around. It's a PC, and I know I swore I would never buy another one, but Mike has a MacBook already and the cheapness of the PCs were too much to resist. I am probably going to regret being so cheap when this computer gets all virusy.

Otherwise, we head back to Eau Claire tomorrow, and Henry's first day of kindergarten is September 2! Oh, and I am so, so happy that Mad Men is back. Project Runway starts this week, and Curb Your Enthusiasm starts next month. After a summer of horrible television I am so excited about this! Pathetic, I know. But I'm 32 now, so it's okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday"!
Love,
MP & Bill

Mary said...

Happy 32nd birthday Ang!!!

Megan said...

I'm ready for new television shows to start too! Oh, and you're not the only one who doesn't love the fair!

Anonymous said...

The best part of the Iowa State Fair for me is seeing the adorable smiles on Hanky and Georgie's faces eating cotton candy!

Anonymous said...

The WI State Fair had chocolate covered bacon (on a stick, of course) as well. I heard it came in two's but you wouldn't want the 2nd one...can't imagine why! Happy bday!
Elli