Wednesday, September 02, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten!




Henry started kindergarten today! We have been preparing for this day for quite some time. Those who are familiar with Henry know that he is prone to first-day jitters of any activity and tends to lean toward the anxious side in general. Anyway, after all of our preparation, prayers, and crossed fingers, he woke up this morning at 5:45am and announced, "Today's the big day!" He had his uniform on, lunch made, teeth brushed, and was ready to head to the bus stop at 7am. (The bus doesn't pick him up until 8:20). I had been mentally prepared to physically place him on the bus with force, or, if disaster struck, to ride the bus with him the first day. I truly thought one of those two things would happen. Turns out, I shouldn't have worried. Or maybe I should not have such low expectations. The bus came, and Henry took off for it and got on before we could even snap a picture of him in front of the bus! So we'll try to get a pic of that tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the day went as well for him! Way to go, Henry!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks adorable! So glad the bus went well. I'm sure he's going to love that as well as you! Wish we had bussing! Can't wait to hear about it! Alex always comes home with so much to say, first thing always being how much she loves hot lunch! The joys of being in school! Hope all is well! Enjoy your Georgie time!
Kelly

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Go Henry! Cute pictures!

Jennifer said...

Yay! I hope he enjoyed his first day!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my Hanky Doodle is in kindergarten! He looks so adorable with his backpack and lunch bag!