On Saturday Henry woke up not feeling well and running a fever again, so it was off to urgent care for us. He has strep throat again, although in actuality it's probably the same little bugs that he had before and the antibiotics didn't knock them out. The good news is that he is doing fine now and this round of antibiotics is only for 5 days so here's hoping it does the job this time around!
Mimi and Grampy came to visit this weekend! We celebrated their anniversary and Valentine's Day. Mimi reminded us all that it was 70 degrees and sunny in Des Moines, Iowa on February 14, 1976. I don't know what it did in Des Moines weather-wise yesterday but I'm guessing it was not 70 degrees. We all had a lot of fun despite the strep throat. Mike and I got to go out to dinner on Friday and to a movie on Saturday - we were the last people on Earth to see "Avatar." It was actually pretty good - we saw it in 3D which was cool. And to my fellow motion sickness buddies, it was a tad uncomfortable at first but after about 15 minutes my brain adjusted and I was able to consume mass amounts of buttery movie popcorn with ease.
Yesterday we went bowling - it was Georgie's first time and he loved it. His favorite part was putting his hands over the little hand dryer on the end of the ball return. It was a cute moment in a weekend filled with not-so-cute moments from the little guy. He's getting naughty, naughty, naughty. My theory is that he is tired because he IS NO LONGER NAPPING. Say it isn't so!!!! I think he's in that awkward phase where he's not tired enough around 1pm to nap but cannot really make it through an entire day without a nap either. It's terrible. He's a little monster. A cute monster, but a monster nonetheless. 4pm is the witching hour over here. I would advise everyone to stay away from our house from 4-7pm.
Henry had skiing tonight - next week is his last lesson! He is really getting very good, he showed me some of his "tricks" tonight and I was impressed. I did about 6K tonight in less than an hour, which I was proud of until Mike informed me that the people on the Olympics were doing 10K in 30 minutes.
4 comments:
#1 - You are not the last people on earth to see Avatar. Jesse and I have not yet gone either. Ah, parenthood. Who has time for a movie?
#2 - You SHOULD be proud of your 6K in less than an hour. Those Olympians are freaks of nature. That's why the whole world watches them.
#3- I feel you on the nap. Ugh. Violet too.
#4 - Hope Henry feels better soon! No fun to be sick.
How fast can Mike do that 6K??? That's what I thought! I think you did awesome!
Autumn
Mike doesn't even know how to ski, but he is the master at watching every freaking Olympics event for hours on end without moving from the sofa. Too bad watching other people compete in the Olympics is not an event, he would medal for sure!
#1 -Doug and I have yet to see Avatar either. Not because of parenthood (obviously) but because we just haven't yet
#2 - Agreeing with Kate - The Olympians are freaks of nature. Be proud of your 6K
#3 - Doug loves the Olympics too. I only glance up occasionally from my book, computer, etc.
Post a Comment