Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Sweet treats




Uncle Doug, Aunt Meg, and Mimi came up for a visit this past weekend - Uncle Doug and Mike went ice fishing while the rest of us stayed warm and cozy indoors. We spent the time making sugar cookies for the Valentine's Day playgroup I hosted yesterday. Meg and I saw the movie "The Lovely Bones," which is one of my favorite books. The movie was good although there were a couple parts where I thought maybe someone slipped some drugs in my soda because it was a little out there. On the reading front, I am still trying plod my way through "Wicked" which is a great book but for some reason my brain has been lazy lately and issues of Martha Stewart Living, Redbook, and US Weekly have been my main source of reading material. (I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but Idid not renew my subscription to "Glamour" a few months ago and got "Redbook" instead - I think this means I'm officially my mother now.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wicked is a slog. Good book but it took me longer than usual to read it too.

Jennifer said...

I knew I was my mother when I got a subscription to Good Housekeeping! There is only so much info I need to know about menopause and how to treat grey hair. Needless to say, no more subscription to GH!