I am hoping today to start a weekly feature called "Most ridiculous baby name of the week." My favorite part of the Sunday paper is looking at the birth announcements and seeing what interesting names local parents have decided to saddle their poor children with. Now, I know I named my children extremely boring, traditional names so you will have to take my picks with a grain of salt. But this year working back in an elementary school on a regular basis I've come across some real doozies and feel the need to share. The "kre8tive" spellings are what get me the most - seriously, do you think spelling your daughter's name Kaiytlynne or your son's name Rhileigh is going to set her and him apart from all of the other Katelyns and Rileys in the class? No. So here are my picks for this week, courtesy of my local paper:
1st place: Shasta (girl)
Comments: Um, isn't that a type of soda? Are her brothers Coke and Pepsi?
2nd place: Raiden
Comments: I can't decide which is worse - sounding like "Radon" or or being named after a can of Raid.
2 comments:
In the Medical world, it is the same. Remind me to tell you about Diamond, Ruby and Sapphire. All sisters.
Love it!!!
Post a Comment