This Christmas season we watched a lot of a new Disney special that aired in early December - it was called "Prep and Landing" and it was one of those kids' shows that adults can love as well. Georgie kept calling it "Crap and Landing," which we all found hysterical. Every day he would ask, "Mommy, can I watch Crap and Landing? Crap and Landing pleeeease?" The other show that got a lot of air time in our house was The Grinch, which Georgie referred to as "The Wahoo Forest Show." It took me a full day to figure out what he was talking about on that one.
On Christmas Eve morning we went over to Aunt Meg and Uncka Duck's house to help assemble Doug's new grill and to see Meg's new kitty. That day we spent a lot of time tracking Santa's wherabouts on the Norad website and also checking Henry's status on the naughty or nice list. We had especially good behavior on Christmas Eve. (After Christmas, not so much. But that's a post for another day.)
Also, I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I promised myself I'd write this down because I thought it was really funny. On the way back home Monday we went through some very slick spots in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota. Mike is usually calm and composed during such driving, but he was pretty stressed out and asked us all to be quiet until the driving conditions improved. A few minutes later, there was a tap on my shoulder and Henry handed me a note that read, "I ned to go poop." Naturally we were in the middle of one of those looong stretches on I-35 with no exit but we finally managed to find a rest area so Henry could take care of business. Ah, the joys of traveling with children.
3 comments:
I LOVE your travel stories. Makes ours feel normal again.
Henry writing that note is so funny! I actually miss watching "Crap and Landing" with the boys!
oh my gosh- that note cracks me up!
Post a Comment