Saturday, February 12, 2011




After finding evidence of "visitors" in our basement this morning (MICE - YUCK) Mike and Georgie went to the hardware store to buy traps while Henry and I cleaned out the storage room in the basement. I took the opportunity to get rid of the zillion or so academic journals that Mike and I have accumulated over the years - all available online now. For some reason, I didn't feel too attached to my back issues of School Psychology Review.

Then I set out to make Valentine's Day cookies with the boys, who have both reached the age where they just aren't that excited about making the cookies anymore. Henry only wants to eat dough, and when I cut him off he disappears. Georgie will cut out a few cookies but then gets bored and wanders off, leaving me with a mound of dough and cookie cutters. Amazingly, they both resurface when the frosting and eating stages happen.

This year we also made Star Wars cookies. Because nothing says "Happy Valentine's Day" like Yoda and Darth Vader with sprinkles.

3 comments:

Hoekzema said...

Sorry about the visitors. They have also taken up residence in my garage. I won't even begin to describe how I feel about that!

Anonymous said...

We had the little visitors in our garage back in the fall..not a pleasant experience to say the least..hope you get rid of them soon!
Ashlii

Anonymous said...

May the force be with you :)

Happy Valentine's Day.