Monday, February 21, 2011

Snow Day = Star Wars Pajama Party



I included this picture - often the boys will make pictures for Rex and hang them by his little bed and toy basket in the family room. So cute.

Yesterday/last night we received about 10 inches of fresh snow - I know some will think I'm crazy but it's actually quite pretty. Henry didn't have school today anyway so I guess it's not technically a snow day but we decided to call it a snow day anyway. They made a break for the basement when they woke up and have been holed up down there watching Star Wars movies (I think Episode II is playing today - sad that I now can tell which movie it is as soon as I see 2 seconds of the movie).

Caught our 3rd mouse yesterday. Mike said the reason he gets excited when he catches them is because he feels like he's accomplished something that day. After visiting with our next door neighbors on Saturday night we learned that they have mice too but in their kitchen and they have also found NESTS in their garage - YUCK-O. So our little storage room visitors could be much worse. As our neighbor said, "I don't understand how for a place where everything pretty much dies for 6 months of the year, we have to worry about so many different little critters during the winter." So true!

Mike left for San Francisco early this morning. He'll be gone all week so Mimi and Grampy are coming up to help me out with the urchins this week. WHOO HOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"May The Force Be With You"! Sending more of Mike's STARS War days....
MP