A recap of the week's events:
Hank enjoyed his Valentine's Day party at school on Thursday, although on the way home he was kind of quiet in the car. "What's the matter, didn't you have fun at your party?" I asked. "Yeah," he replied, "but there were no balloons." (Sigh). He perked up at home when he started digging into the loot from his Valentine's bag. Mike and I gave each other take-out for Valentine's Day, quite possibly the best Valentine's gift ever.
On Friday night we went to a little gathering at Mike's coworker's house and I was able to meet his new coworkers and their spouses, which was nice. We also used our first babysitter here in Maine, which worked out great. We're already booking her for future dates, I had forgotten how nice it is to get out of the house and do adult activities (like eating at a restaurant that doesn't have a kids' menu) once in awhile.
And the weekend was good as well - Mike and Hank went to a train show on Saturday so Georgie and I spent most of the day together, making our weekly trip to Target and finishing up some chores around the house that I have not been able to get to. On Sunday I took Hank to the Maine Discovery Museum, which was fun, although it was kind of smelly in there. It's a good children's museum, about the same size as Omaha's, which is surprising since the Bangor area is much smaller than Omaha. But everywhere I went it kind of smelled like a dirty diaper. I don't know if it was just because it was crowded, but I was pretty grossed out. It just had an unclean smell everywhere. I'll give it another try on a less-crowded weekday to see if the smell was just a one-time thing. Hank loved it though, which was the main thing, and it was nice to spend some one-on-one time with him. I feel like we are always dividing up into "Team Mommy" (Ang & Georgie) and "Team Daddy" (Mike & Hank) and it was nice to change that up a bit.
In other news, I discovered about 6 new gray hairs on my head over the weekend. In the past I have had a random gray hair here and there and have written them off as anomolies, perhaps just REALLY blond strands that stick out because I've gone too long between highlights, or just a strange glare from the bathroom lighting. Um, not the case anymore. These buggers are here to stay, so I'll be booking my next hair appointment sooner than later. I would pluck them out, but as Samantha Jones once said, you pluck one gray hair and three more come to its funeral.
2 comments:
So true about the gray hair!! I can't believe you stayed with the diaper smell. Yuck!
Just be thankful that you're at least getting gray hair.. You don't want to end up like your dad do you? Keep Highlighting and you won't even notice those pesky things!
Post a Comment