Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What won't this child eat?




Georgie's crawling, while cute, has become exhausting for us all to keep up with. Hank, Mike, and I are on constant "small chokable object watch" around here, and all of my attempts to banish small, chokable toys to the playroom and leave the 1st floor free of chokable items makes no difference when Georgie is able to find small items virtually anywhere. Yesterday we saw him picking bits of fuzz off the rug and eating them. I was able to intercept some of the fuzz-eating but I know that some was ingested. Also, small dust bunnies are apparently delicious, and despite Hank and I swiffering the entire first floor Georgie still manages to track down the bunnies. (Message to self: clean floors more often.) At snacktime I gave Georgie a bit of mushed banana to eat and he pushed it away, apparently the carpet fuzz and dust bunnies filled him up.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

What is up with your boys?? Remember Henry used to lick people's shirts!! Good thing you guys are psychologists! Just kidding!! I shouldn't talk, Linliey used to eat hair! Ick!

Froggymama said...

Okay, Froggy still eats crayons, dog food, cat food, every once in a while licks the bottom of her shoe, sticks her tongue on the screen door, and basically terrifies me everyday! When she was Georgie's age, she probably ate about two pounds of fuzzies and cat hairballs a day. After a while I got over and realized, "hey, I'm sure there's SOME nutrition in sand!"

Jennifer said...

This is so funny! Ella eats anything and everything off the floor, too! Yesterday she was getting upset because she was trying to pick up a freckle off my arm to eat. When she couldn't pick it up, she bent down and tried to bite it off!