Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Trains, trains, and more trains

Waiting to get on the train to the city.

No more rally monkeys jumping on the bed! Henry and George with the biggest rally monkey I've ever seen, courtesy of Aunt Meg.

Enjoying cookies with Cousin W.


On Friday we packed up the car and drove to Chicago. We ate at Lou Malnati's, which Mike had been dying to visit. It was very good and filling - I just don't think I could do deep dish pizza on a regular basis. Very yummy though. On Saturday we took the train into the city and visited the Museum of Science and Industry. Henry and Mike toured the submarine, while Georgie and I spent time in the "Idea Factory." The highlight of the trip was seeing a gigantic model train layout - the boys were all in boy-heaven. Me, not so much. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty spectacular layout, but they could have stayed there all day staring at it and I was ready to move on after about 5 minutes.






We took the train back to the 'burbs and met up with my parents, sister, and Doug, who happened to be in Chicago at the same time as us! They were there for Cubs games, but we still managed to find some time to spend with them. On Sunday morning we stopped and had a nice visit with Mike's cousins who live in the area. The boys enjoyed playing with Cousin W and meeting new baby cousin J. Then we headed for the Dells! (See, I told you I was doing this backwards).






1 comment:

Mary said...

I wish we could've seen each other when you were in town! We were at the Cubbies game on Sunday too! Maybe next time!