Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Henry!

The birthday boy!
At Erbert & Gerbert's for his birthday dinner.

My little Henry turned 5 today. I cannot believe he is 5. We had his party this afternoon - he invited 5 kids over for his "make-your-own-pizza" party. The kids had fun making their own pizzas and running around like crazy people, so the party was a success! This evening we went to eat at Erbert & Gerbert's - Henry's favorite restaurant. We have absolutely no idea why this place is his favorite (for those of you out of the area, Erbert & Gerbert's is a sandwich place, kind of like Jimmy John's or Subway) but we're hoping it lasts because it's nice and cheap!


One of my friends does this on her blog for her family members' birthdays, so I'm going to copy her (thanks, Christine!). Here are 5 things you may not know about Henry:
1. He was born right on his due date!
2. He is the best big brother ever. I mean that. He is so nice to Georgie - Georgie doesn't know how good he has it.
3. He thinks he is getting a dog for his 6th birthday. So that means I have one year to figure out how to put that off or get him a dog. I really do not want to get a dog, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
4. His favorite animals are squirrels and chickens.
5. The kid loves cake. LOVES it. Today he took a big bite of his birthday cake, sighed softly, and said, "I love cake Mommy."


3 comments:

Hoekzema said...

So what does Henry eat at Erbert and Gerberts? Does this mean Ainsley can eat there?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to "the" MOM and DAD of the Birthday boy.. The pictures were the best...
Grandpa and Grandma from NJ

Megan said...

I'm excited you'll be staying with us for a while! Don't forget your scrapbooking, stamps, and other stuff!