Monday, May 10, 2010

A Beary Good Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day to my mom, my mother-in-law, and all the other great moms out there!

My mother's day was great - I was given flowers and we went out to brunch yesterday morning. I was going to go for a run in the neighborhood in preparation for the 5K I am running this weekend, but my neighbor called to tell me that she just received a police escort home from her run because a bear had been sighted in the woods behind our houses. Now, if that is not a good excuse to not exercise, I don't know what is! But the thought of collapsing and/or throwing up during the run next weekend prompted me to head to the river trail to run, accompanied by Henry on his bike. They never found the bear, so it may still be lurking back there. Scary.

Last night we had a nice dinner here at home (that I didn't have to cook). All in all, a pretty good day. Minus the whole bear thing.

No comments: