Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas morning











Hank woke up earlier than usual on Christmas morning but we made him wait until Georgie woke up to go downstairs and check out the goods. Georgie was up by 6:45am so Mike and I drug ourselves downstairs to start the festivities. Santa brought the boys a grocery stand to share, an Elmo doll for Georgie, and a fire truck for Hank. We bought Hank the Lego Castle and a robot, which I had left the price tag on. I bought it at Target and it had a large red sticker on it that said "$10". Hank tore the wrapping paper off the robot and said, "It's a robot! It cost 10 bucks!" Whoops! I had no idea he knew what a dollar sign meant. Next year I'll be better about removing price tags. We bought Georgie some kid-sized cleaning supplies and a new tool set (pretend, naturally). After the upstairs opening was over, we told the boys to bring their new toys down to the playroom. When they got down there they saw the big present from Grandpa and Grandma - a real tent! Mike set it up for them in the basement so they can have "campouts." We did some i-chatting with my parents and Mike's parents which was fun.








I felt kind of grinchy, but that afternoon I started taking down the decorations - we were leaving the next day for Des Moines and neither of us wanted our tree up all week while we were gone. We got it right after Thanksgiving and it was already starting to dry out. Ahhh, but it felt sooo good to get that stuff down!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally got all my Christmas stuff packed away. I think your dad is happier than I am! :-)