Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year from back in the EC

We're back from our trip to Des Moines, and I have about 6 posts' worth of pictures, stories, and trying-to-be-witty commentary. So I thought I'd spread out the madness over a few days - you know, to keep your interest.

Let's work our way backward, shall we?

Last night we celebrated a ROCKIN' New Year's Eve here at home. Haaaaaa. We actually unpacked our things, tried to find homes for all the new Christmas presents, and took down what remained of our holiday decorations. Correction: I did these things. I have no idea what the other three were up to during this time. We then went to eat at our favorite pizza place and came home to pop pocorn and watch a movie. Hank picked "Cars" and we finally figured out why he has been saying "Holy shoot!" all the time - Mater says it during the movie. Anyway, Georgie went to bed at 7 and Hank got to stay up til 8pm. This is a big deal for a kid who is usually snoring away by 8pm. Then I folded laundry and got caught up on the Real Housewives of Orange County and tried to get through my latest book club book. I was in bed at 10:30pm. What can we say, we're CRAZY over here.

Have a happy new year everyone!!

2 comments:

Froggymama said...

Okay, what's your book club book?

And I'm also caught up with the 'biotches of Orange County,' as my husband calls them.

They're especially evil this year. I love it!

Unknown said...

The book is "Possession" by A.S. Byatt - it's pretty good, you would probably like it because it's about a love story between two poets. For some reason I had a hard time getting into it, I think I just needed a quickie book around the holidays since there was so many other things going on!