Friday, January 01, 2010

A great start to 2010

Last night we rang in the new year with friends at a small gathering - we had a great time and had to drag the kiddos out of there at 8:30pm. I love having so many friends with young children that understand the importance of bedtime and having New Year's Eve parties where we countdown the New Year at 7pm! I have pictures of the party but of course I have yet to get them uploaded. But I have a good excuse - I spent a good part of the day cleaning out closets and adding more to the garage sale pile. I also went cross country skiing for the first time and LOVED it! My legs kind of feel like Jello but in a good way. Henry and I start cross country skiing lessons on Monday, so we both got outfitted with skis yesterday. I watched a few how-to videos on You Tube and then went by myself to a nearby cross country ski trail and tried it out. Considering I'm quite possibly the least coordinated person on the planet I think I did pretty well!

2 comments:

Hoekzema said...

That's awesome about the x-country skiing! I hope you like it. Lisa S in the club is big into it too. Great to ring in the new year with your family! 7pm, midnight, what's the difference?

Megan said...

I didn't make it to midnight this year either. My celebrations involved watching a football game at Trophy's with some coworkers and celebrating the ISU win.

Doug and I fell asleep around 11:00 HA HA